Alone In Kyoto

A blog I rarely update.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

~Heathcote~

An Encounter with Nature



I woke up on Saturday morning to the same oven-like heat to which I had arrived the day before. But I didn't mind, Sam, Matt and the dog took me for a walk in the beautiful (if not sometimes a bit charred) National Parkland that surrounds the house. It was what I had been waiting for... Australian Trees!











The area really was what I wanted to see - all the weird trees and insects that I could ever need. And to add to this, there was a river too, I didn't have my swimming stuff with me that time, but we returned a few days later and I got my swim then, in amongst all the slippery slimy rocks, darting fish, and lurking lizards.














The Party



That night, once I was back and all freshened up, it was time for the party, a night that the boys had organised and to which they had invited all of their friends from McDonalds. Who all thought that I was 16 years old. Anyway, Guitar Hero was popular that night...



... Apparently I had a go, but the fact that I was drinking for the first time since New Year, coupled with the intense heat, mean that my memories of the night are closer to what you see above.



I do, however, remember sitting in the garden, taking this, and marvelling in its arty coolness.

... It was impressive at the time.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home