Alone In Kyoto

A blog I rarely update.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Today I went for a lovely walk to Arashiyama Park, which is the least park-like park I've been to, but it was pretty and there were lots of herons.



On the way, I encountered an interesting building, that turned out to be a bakery/cafe. I wasn't heading anywhere in particular, but I followed the road, and noticed a bit river with lots of nice things, and that's how I found the park. Walks like that are always fun, and if I walk too far, there's always a nearby bus/tram/train to take me back again when I'm done.



This is what I noticed from the road. It's like a big, wide riverbank with lots of little food/souvenir shops, buskers, children playing and people fishing.



It also has lots of water birds :)



And statues of the water birds :) (these were near the station)



And boat rides!





Yes, it was a dull day, and it even started hailing down at one point, but Arashiyama does mean 'stormy mountain'.





I found a cute shop near the river, selling bears, Totoros and music boxes, all of which were going at once, seemingly non-stop, playing different tunes. Either that or it was a CD of music boxes, going all at once, non-stop, playing different tunes. Mr Bear got sick of it so he went to sit outside.





A rather early blossom, I do believe...







I then headed down the street where I saw a few pretty buildings, then I got the tram back to where I came from. A nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home