Alone In Kyoto

A blog I rarely update.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Japan is stupid.

Argh, I was shopping downtown today when after a while I got really hungry, so went to buy a tiny, sealed-type sandwich (no mess) before I passed out. I found a nice quiet corner near the entrance to a department store, and quietly and discreetly began munching away at said sandwich.

The dirty looks I got! Eating is generally frowned upon in public, but there was nowhere else to go, and it was pretty necessary. But at least 5 people walking past managed to frown at me, and even shake their heads, before I was done. However, nobody even batted an eyelid at the people beside me who were smoking, blowing fumes everywhere and giving everyone cancer. No-one ever pays any attention to the hundreds of people who stop in corners at any one time to have a smoke.

A harmless sandwich! How, how was that hurting anyone?!

These people really need to get their priorities right...

6 Comments:

  • At 7 February 2007 at 02:44, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Er, excuse me, young lady! Yes , smoking is a bad habit but we poor adherents have been hounded outdoors to 'save the lives' of the poor creatures indoors, which we dutifully do with little complaint - whatever the weather!
    Scoffing outdoors, on the other hand, serves no useful purpose - such public displays of engorgement only exacerbate the difference between those that can eat and those who can't because of grinding poverty - think about it as you take cover next time the tummy rumbles...

     
  • At 7 February 2007 at 19:58, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

     
  • At 10 February 2007 at 00:12, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hah, losers, their obviously just jealous because they apparently stay thin by NOT EATING and you can stuff sandwiches and crisps and still be smokin'. Listen not to them Fo, they suck. You and your sandwich go public! If women can breastfeed anywhere they want then they should be able to eat too!!

    Love Vern xxx

     
  • At 10 February 2007 at 10:32, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want to ride a biycle on the pavement! I don't kill people, but cars kill us. I'm trained enough to handle it. But there is no use arguing with.

    Let's accept the differences. It's just tiny things.

    When in Rome do as the Romans do.

     
  • At 12 February 2007 at 20:42, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not at all jealous, Vern, and especially not of your atrocious grammar ("their", indeed!?) - suck you!

     
  • At 13 February 2007 at 11:44, Blogger Lisa said…

    I seem to have sparked a debate...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home