Alone In Kyoto

A blog I rarely update.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

My room as of yesterday.



I know it's just a tiny bit early but when your room is as 'standard issue' as mine you have to do something to liven it up. So yesterday, when the hyaku-en shop started selling xmas stuff, I went and bought two small trees, four tinsels and two sets of decorations. It all cost about a fiver in total, and my room is a lot nicer now. And yes, I do have fairy lights up, but I put them up last week around my floor-to-ceiling bookshelf.

In other news, on Tuesday night a bunch of us went to the cinema, turns out Japanese cinemas are just the same but the adverts are hilarious. And there are hardly any actual trailers, and when there are they are very short. We saw "Flags of our Fathers", the new Clint Eastwood movie. It felt a bit weird at first sitting in Japan watching Americans killing Japanese, but then at the end there was a trailer for the next movie, "Letters from Iwo Jima" which tells the story from the Japanese perspective. So that about evens it out, although we know how it ended. On the way back we were stopped by police who wanted to check our bikes, ooh maybe because we were foreigners perhaps, and one of our group misunderstood and started cycling away from them and had a policeman chase after him, so we made a good impression I'm sure. But they were friendly enough, I'm sure it could have been worse.

This morning I was up early to go to the Tabehoudai breakfast with some friends, all you can eat for 294 yen, (£1.30) but the catch is it's at 8am. But we sat and ate for an hour solid, then chatted for the rest (and signed up for gym inductions together, nothing to do with how much we ate) until class at 10.40am. And that was my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home