Alone In Kyoto

A blog I rarely update.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Not much going on this weekend, I have a big test on Monday and also a presentation to do on a robot-themed card game that I bought, (of course) so I will not be going on any exploring missions this weekend. Just as well perhaps, as last night was our Halloween party, after which we went out and didn't get back till after 6am. But today I'm as fresh as a daisy, must have been the 40 minute bike ride there and back that did it. Anyway, some pictures.



Gon, myself and Alice.



Matt is out hunting rabbits. Oh dear.



Matt striking his 'Psychotic Killer' pose. Worryingly, it looks so natural on him.



The Lovely Ladies: Bjorn, AJ and Brody.



The buddies were all dressed up too :)



Mandatory "kawaii!" photo!



The Edinburgh Crew: AJ, Matt H, P-Matt, and myself.

6 Comments:

  • At 28 October 2006 at 13:14, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn`t it great how you got your eyes to match the colour of the inner ears /bow tie?!!............. mater :)

     
  • At 28 October 2006 at 13:57, Blogger Spunky Trunks said…

    There's those V signs again!

    What does it mean? Please tell.

    I am well impressed with your blog (only found it by accident on the homepage when I saw Kyoto). Totally envious of your times. Looks like ace fun.

     
  • At 28 October 2006 at 15:01, Blogger Lisa said…

    Well, I think it's just a pop culture thing, it does just mean 'peace' and 'happy' and I think TV and anime made it even more popular. And also then you don't have to worry about posing and looking like an idiot in photographs! I'm pretty sure it doesn't go any deeper than that, I mean they're trying to lose the whole pacifist constitution thing that the Americans forced on them, and going by their involvement in Iraq, the attitude towards American military presence and just the fact that Jidai Matsuri was mostly a military dress show which kind of hints that they're not keen on the whole 'pacifist nation' thing, so yeah, catchy pop culture it is. Although, having said that, the kanji used to make a noun into something 'Japanese'(和) also has the meaning "peace".

     
  • At 28 October 2006 at 15:05, Blogger Lisa said…

    And yes, the whole matching eye thing was just the look I was going for. I suppose I should learn how to use this Photoshop I've got and start fixing these things.

     
  • At 28 October 2006 at 18:58, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's that crazy headgear they're wearing in the second to last picture?

     
  • At 1 November 2006 at 21:35, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hay im liking waht matt phantom of the opera is wearing and your bunny outfit is cute too! shame you are probally rabbit stew by noe! lol kim x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home