Alone In Kyoto

A blog I rarely update.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Today, I visited Osaka.

A group of six of us cycled to the Saiin Eki Hankyu train station at 10am, and caught the train, which took about 50 minutes to get to Osaka. I now know how to work Japanese train and subway stations, which is a good thing. Anyway, we arrived at Osaka Umeda station, and spent the next hour trying to find this guitar shop that the guys wanted to visit. We found one, but it was the wrong shop, then we thought we'd found it again, but it was a music school of the same name. Eventually we did find the shop, Lisa (from Canada) and I went to buy cute socks while we left the three guys browsing.

We then decided to find lunch, and ended up at tiny and this not-so-great place where people sat on stools around the cashier, and the food came through a dumb waiter. I had a salad, which I seem to have for lunch every day no matter where I go, but it's so nice. We then went for a wander to the subway, and got off at Nanba station, where we found scarily tall buildings, flashing lights and giant mechanical crabs climbing up the outside walls of buildings. I did take photos, but I have tried everything and my camera just does not work outside, or on things that are slightly far away. So, we looked at digital cameras in a shop, but they were all quite expensive so I'm going to wait until I find a bargain. I did find something of interest, however, posted on the glass side door of a shop:



So, we decided just to do what it said, and keep it happy. We wandered a bit more after that, had green tea ice cream whippy cones, then Lisa needed to head back, so us girls left and found our way back to Kyoto fine, via an even quicker train route because we were clever enough to change trains twice, leaving the guys in another guitar store. Then, on the way back, I found bread at last in a giant supermarket that I never knew of. It's taken me this long to find bread. So, I've just had my celebratory hajimete sandwich, and there will be many more to come.

And that was a very condensed account of my day in Osaka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home